The War of Life and Death (part 1) - The Mystique

The War of Life and Death (part 1)

0 Comments





This is the story of two people; one who fights life and the other fights for life.

*****

                 War- war can be anything. For a soldier, keeping his country safe everyday is a war. For a cocoon, evolving into a butterfly is a war. For a poor person, finding food and shelter for that day is a war. For a doctor, saving the life of his patient is a war. For a middle-class father, balancing the dreams and responsibilities of his family is a war. The struggle for life is a war.

                Now, I'm in a war too; the war of life and death. I cannot afford to lose this war, for my love and my child. I need to fight, I must live.


*****

"Farewell world ! I'm done with you. I'm going to die", Anya thought after reading a scribble she just wrote.


My life is always like this,
Without hope, without love;
Life is not my friend,
But still surprise me with unlikely gifts.

I want to start again,
Again from the very first,
So that I can find you again;
So, I am merging in the same Earth,
That gave me birth.


                 "My life was always a joke. It always laughed at me whenever I cried. When I lost my parents at an early age, it laughed. When my relatives put me in an orphanage, it laughed. Eversince, it didn't stop laughing at my wounds.

                 When I thought that I would never smile again, in the barren wastelands of my heart, he became speck and spark of hope. He became my world. "I'll be with you wherever you go, till the very end of my breath", he promised. What a joke! The very he messaged me " We're not made for each other. Things are not set between us. Leave and forget me".  And the life laughed again, more harder".

She errupted out of her room determined to die.

                "What are the best ways to die?", she thought as she began to walk roadside. Though she had firmly decided to die by jumping into the water, she has just thought of a review.

                 " Perhaps, I should jump from a building? No, a cracked skull would be a bad sight for my fellow mates at the orphanage.

                 What if I set fire on myself? That's a painful death, as the people say so. Let me embrace the death with little pain.

                  Gashing myself to death? Wow! that sounds perfectly romantic, but what if someone saves me? I can't live again.

                 While Anya thought of many ways to die, she came to a conclusion finally that jumping into the water is a perfect choice as her body would be never ever found. She started walking towards the bridge.

                  As she walked, she noticed many pubs, restaurants, markets filled with nightlife. She began to notice few men staring at her, sometimes giving her a smile. "Beware dear, everyone in the society acts as if they care you", she thought and ambled further.

While walking, she noticed a boarding which read


"Nothing in this world happens by chance. You, the very you is the creator of your own destiny".

                 That was the most disturbing statement for her purpose. " It's going to be all over, it's going to be all over. In a few moments, you're going to be liberated from your eternal woes", she patted herself.

                  Finally, she reached her destination, the bridge. She moved to a silent, dark place and waited till there is no movement in life around. She climbed the bridge and found the big stream of water flowing beneath.

                   "Any last words, huh?, she giggled slightly. "Fuck this world. Fuck my life. Embrace me, O river", and she started to jump.


(End of part 1- story will be continued)



0 comments: