A Sweet Love Story - The Mystique

A Sweet Love Story

6 Comments


         
   
               Damped in rain, I rushed to the Café and occupied my favorite spot excitedly. The smell of finely brewed coffee managed to reach every corner of my soul rejuvenating me like never before. The winds in the background prompted me to take a trip down my memory lane. The heavenly hot Mocha dropped down my throat as I reeled to my past.

            I have many sweet memories linking to this place. Four years before, I met Riya, the queen of my heart, at the same Café.  I was working in a nearby company then and the Café was my common hangout spot with friends. Those were the days which seemed not very gloomy, but at the same time, not very interesting too.

           One day, during my usual hangout, I saw her. I felt that my heart stopped for a moment, my throat went dry and everything seemed to move in slow motion. She was not very beautiful, but something about her kept me captivated and left me mesmerized. Her charisma, elegance and serenity made me do nothing except to fix my gaze upon her. I don't know what should I call it? Love? Attraction? Perhaps, I should call it love at first sight!!! ( When I said the same thing to my friends, they broke into a big laughter saying that such kind of things happen only when you have high temperature!!) After few minutes, she left the Café with her friends. I felt that I should embrace the bliss for more time. But, it's over. I can never see her again in my life.

               One week later, while driving from my friend's house, my bike got into a trouble and stopped. So, I had to start walking with it. Adding to the trouble, there was a heavy downpour all of a sudden. I could do nothing except cursing the rain. It was then, I saw her again. She came walking towards me and offered a share in her umbrella. Surprise and rejoice overtook me. I felt my heart dancing and a deep felicity rested on my face. I put my bike aside and started walking with her ( I thanked the rain million times later). A rainy evening would be a perfect start for a love story :P

"Thank you. I am Varun, and you?" I asked with a smile.

"I am Riya, Nice to meet you. I know you, Varun. You are a friend of Anaaya, right?"

"Yeah! How do you know?" I asked, with a great sense of astonishment.

" She is my friend too. I saw you couple of times before."

            Gosh, she knew me! I was just too glad that everything was working perfectly for me. I couldn't help myself without getting mesmerized to her voice. Things went perfectly between us. I felt that she too was having a whale of time with me. The raindrops made a soothing symphony yearning to be more in her company. Though the clouds covered the Sun, every time she laughed, that lit the entire world. Minutes passed like seconds and after some time, the rain stopped. We exchanged numbers and l asked if we could bump in the next day. She turned around, gave a smile and went away.

              From then, time took a different dimension. The amount of time is measured in the time I spent with Riya. She made the things happen inside me. She had a great sense of humor and I loved it a lot. The days grew to weeks and then years. We knew that we were getting along very well but we chose stillness. Our hearts spoke much more than the words. Every time we met, we were locked in an invisible aura of embrace, caressing each other,  in a mad love of ecstasy, completely unbothered about the world. I always feared that her departure might gift me darkness with fear.

              Though I knew that she likes me, I feared if it is just like or love. I couldn't even imagine denial or rejection. For that matter, I couldn't even imagine missing her for even a day. Sometimes, I was haunted by unspeakable nightmares of missing her and end up with tears on my face. All those memories slashed my mind when I saw the message sent to her before " Need to talk to u , 6 P.M. Café.

              But, I had to do this one day. I inhaled courage but my heart was dancing with anxiety, fear, happiness and many more emotions. I was in a state which I thought never existed. I already started to profuse now. The rain stopped and a deadly silence consumed the surroundings. In a simple, graceful and aesthetic beach turquoise colored dress, Riya appeared.

" Hey!"

" Hello! Looking gorgeous today."

" Thank you, Varun. Anything important? "

" Let's have a coffee, Riya."

               After having a cup, I asked her to take a walk with me to the beach. The wind started to gust accompanied by thunders and rain. As the nature and I were suffering from a wild adrenaline rush, she seemed to enjoy the sight appeared before her. There were a few white lights before her everywhere and we were the only ones in the vicinity. As we moved closer, there was a large group of candles all over, covered in steel cases giving a spectacular sight. It read " I love you, Riya. Will you marry me?" (That's how I planned my proposal). I took her hand and I got down on one knee with a ring in my hand and said

 " You were always my happiness and you will be ever. I promise that I will love till the end of my breath.

On the path of roses, I will walk on the thorns so that you can walk on the petals. Will you walk with me?"

Surprise and shock occupied her. I couldn't judge the expression on her face. I felt as if my heart stopped beating. The blood started to race fiercely. After few seconds, she said "I'll never allow you to walk on the thorns till I live. I love you too"

I hugged her tightly and her joyous laugh tickled my ear as I lifted her off the ground. Nothing's heard, except our breaths. And the lips met in the dark starry night.

Now, we are a happy couple married for a year. Love is the best thing one can possess. What do you think?

6 comments: